Wednesday 1 July 2015

June Favourites | Neverneverlandwonders


Hello there! 
I have been introduced to many fabulous things this month which I wish to share with you in this post! I will begin with the beauty side before I move on to anything else so here goes! (I have linked all the products to its price so you can have a look at their description on the store's website.)


Tom Ford correcting pen: $44
I have been looking for a make up corrector for a long time now. I wanted to find one that I can keep in my handbag with me when I'm out of the house and I have time to quickly correct any smudges in my make up that appear as the day wears on. I was lucky to find the Tom Ford correcting pen 01. It really blends well with my skin perfectly and it lasts a long time too! The pen has two ends to it, one end thicker than the other so it is useful for any type of make up mistake. And yes I understand that it is a bit pricey but out of all the other correcting pens I have come across, none of them have been as good as this one so I do recommend this!


L'Oreal Infallible foundation 015: £9.99
I treated myself to a new foundation last week using all the money I have saved up on my Boots advantage card. Just like the correcting pen, for me it's hard to find a suitable foundation it suit my pale complexion. I find the foundation can either make me look ghostly and almost unhealthily pale and some just make me look like an orang-utan. So you can guess that I've had fun battling with many different foundations! But it feels like this one just fell from heaven saying "hey, I'm perfect." Haha no but I'm serious. I have finally met my match! It's the L'Oreal Paris 'Infallible 24 hour' liquid foundation. It blends so easily into your skin whether you rub it in with your fingers or use a brush. It's in the 015 colour and that was the lightest colour they had in store, but it does not make me look like a ghost - or ill. It makes my skin tone look even which is a first! So I have definitely been obsessing over this since I bought it.


Lush Vanilla Puff: £4.95
Sometimes I tend to forget that there is more to Lush then their shower gels and bath bombs! As much as I adore the store I do find myself walking out with only bath bombs, forgetting that they have a range of loads of other products too! I was given the Vanilla Puff for my birthday this year, along with a load of other Lush products, and I have been using it a lot since. It's this soft powder that you just rub into your body whenever you wish and it leaves your skin feelings silky smooth. And you smell of sweet vanilla which is a bonus! I tend to put this on every night before I go to bed and every morning I always find that my skin is still smooth as ever. I'm sure I will be getting more of this once I've finished the bottle!


Clinique clarifying lotion 4: £16.50
Now my skincare routine usually follows the pattern of cleansing, toning and moisturising every morning. I use the Nivea lotion for normal skin which I have used for many years because I can't find any other moisturisers that can beat it. But for cleansing I often used the Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2 but I wanted a slight change in dynamics and I wanted to experiment and try something different. So I picked up the Clarifying Lotion 4 which is mainly for greasy skin. But it was about a week or so after I started using that that In noticed that this product really has done WONDERS to my skin! I mean I feel that it's cleaned my skin so well and especially around my T-zone where I usually find spots. The only downside to this cleanser is that I'm not exactly fond of the smell. I don't really know what it is but there's quite a strong smell to it which I don't really like but it goes as soon as I apply toner and moisturiser. I always turn to Clinique for skincare routines as they're a very good brand and I would recommend this to anyone with greasy skin that are trying to find a good cleanser.


Body Shop 'Atlas Mountain Rose' body butter: £13.00
I am a huge fan of the Body Shop and every so often I like to indulge myself in trying out all their body butters. During the summer I find I like all things that smell like roses and I could not walk away from the shop without at least buying their Atlas Mountain Rose body butter. And it smells DIVINE! It truly smells like roses and like all Body Shop body butters it's kind to your skin. The tub is also very pretty. I tend to put this on every time I come out of the bath and I enjoy spending the rest of the evening smelling like a rose garden.


Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream 30ml: £38.50
I have been after this perfume since I first saw it advertising in Boots before it was released. I remember having a small tester and I used that up quickly. But my parents bought me the 30ml bottle for my birthday and I have more or less been wearing this every day since. It's such a sweet spring/summer smell to it and I find that it tends to last the whole day. I also simple adore the bottle it's so pretty and I can't even bring myself to throw away the box either! Such a lovely little treat!


Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke
I was first intrigued by this when I watched the trailer on the television of the BBC adaptation. The trailer seemed fun and it was great to have something good come back on. I was hooked after watching the first episode and by the third or fourth episode, I wanted to read the book. I was lucky to see that my sister had a copy of the novel and she let my borrow it to read. And like the TV show I was hooked on the book right from the first page. I won't go into too much detail about the plot or the difference between the book and the TV show as I plan to do another blog post all about it. However I will say that the book has most definitely jumped up in my top 5 favourite novels and I finished it the day the final episode was aired.


Once Upon a Time
My final monthly favourite it the American TV show Once Upon a Time. I was first introduced to this by my friends from university who constantly talked about it. I was curious as to see what was all the hype about so I started watching it and now just starting season 3, I can't get enough of it! It's everything I love about a TV show. It's the perfect blend of fairytale and reality and all the characters are so easily likeable - even the evil characters I find I still like them! It's a real fun show open for everyone to see.


So there you have it: my first monthly favourites! I'm not sure if this will be a blog post I will do every month unless I discover a load of new things every month, but it will all depend. I hope you've all enjoyed this post and I'll see you all again soon.

Goodbye for now!
Yours, Georgia x

No comments:

Post a Comment